Kathleen Conover Workshop
September 15-17, 2019
RETURNING by POPULAR DEMAND! Artist, KATHLEEN CONOVER for MENTORING
If you want to strengthen your personal painting style, find your creative path or just plane get some help to finish unresolved work, I invite you to join us and Kathleen Conover for three days.
Mornings will begin with instruction, inspirations or exercises to get the creative juices flowing. After that, Kathleen will share her expertise with individual artists reviewing your body of work for direction, answering your questions, helping to resolve specific paintings, coaching for your artistic goals or ??
Class time will be divided equally among the class, limit of 15. Artists need to have work to show and share (either the real work or digitally) with Kathleen.
Materials list for MENTORING WITH KATHLEEN CONOVER
Three days to devote to your artwork is a true gift to yourself. And you deserve it! Let’s make the most of this precious time together and start by having all the materials necessary to take the next step in your journey. When in doubt, bring it. Thinking “Here goes nothing” could be the start of everything! So, be prepared.
• A variety of paintings to work on: close-to-done, good start, what's missing?, total bomb, etc.
• Digital images or photos of a few successful previous works to share with me.
• Paints (or collage) and brushes that you normally use to do your art work.
• Reference materials: of imagery if you normally paint with imagery.
Of course, total non-objective is great!
• Sketches, thoughts for themes or concepts to explore.
• Misc.: sketchbook, pencils, scissors, spray bottle, water container...
ALL the things you normally use working in your studio.
Optional: Kathleen Conover's Essential Gesso Juice Kit ($15.99). New, in Cheap Joe's 2019 catalog, pg. 90. This is for making new starts from old watercolor paintings and is the trick to many of my “prize winners”.
DON’T FORGET - your enthusiasm and a sense of adventure.
Looking forward to painting with you!